Payroll processing might seem like one of the least interesting topics there is when compared to the other departments in the organisation. That is exactly one of the reasons why it still remains a vastly ignored process. Since it is not a core function, it often gets overlooked when companies focus on improvement, efficiency, and risk management.
It takes tremendous amount of patience and skills and most importantly time to handle leaves of employees, prepare their leave data and make sure there is strict adherence to the organizational leave strategy. Managing applications of leaves is a continuous process that requires tracking leave history of the applicant in a given period and the remaining balance of leaves available to him or her.
In such cases, experts recommend adopting a reliable employee leave management system. It is guaranteed to make the process much simpler and quicker and far less challenging for the managers. Since all the history is easily available in the form of a dashboard, allowing or rejecting a leave becomes a more transparent process.
Advantages of using the employee leave management system:
- There is no scope for manager’s subjectivity. Depending on whether or not the applicant is eligible for taking leaves, the manager can accordingly take a decision based on facts.
- At every instance accurate information about employees’ leaves and number of leaves taken by them is made available. This eliminates the need to access the vast amounts of spreadsheets and obtain accurate information, if possible that is. Leave management systems help to generate accurate payslips every single time.
- All the information is available online to both managers and applicants. Thus the entire process becomes all the more transparent. Applicants are able to access their leave history and available balance along with their manager. Therefore it can be clear as to why the leave was approved or rejected, whichever may be the case.
- Every company has it own way of determining leave policy, apart from the basic Government mandated policies. Applicants, apart from their managers, can check their eligibility and request for leaves accordingly.
- Companies to stay in compliance with the rules and regulations of the region in which they operate. Leave management systems are designed to adhere the region’s compliance norms.
- Taking time off is necessary for employees for whatever reason they deem fit. Be it for taking a break from the hectic schedule, to taking time off for caring for a loved one, to resuming education. Getting leaves on time helps them appreciate the company’s willingness to trust their needs.
- Employees who do not utilize their leaves, are eligible to encash these to a certain extent. It gets easy for HR managers to calculate the amount that the company is liable to pay such employees.
- Employee engagement is the buzzword these days that insists on employees taking sufficient leaves to ensure they maintain a steady work life balance. It enables them be more productive and ultimately help the company achieve its goals in a more efficient manner.
employee leave management systems need to be a mandatory part of all companies. They have been proven to streamline the entire leave management process.