These days, Ransomware attack is increasing day by day. This attack is specially designed for individuals. Organizations are not part of this attack. Individuals are facing too much problem due to Ransomware attack. Many laptop users think that they can create backup of their data and may use it whenever they are not able to access actual data. But, using backup data is not the solution of this problem. There are many protected software developed by software developers that will help you to protect your data and you do not need to pay any money.
Attacker creates a malicious code and inserts that code into your computer. This malicious code will block your file or data that you are accessing. In that case, you must need to contact to someone who will unblock that file or data so that you can access that file easily and pay money to that person. This process of blocking access and then unblocking by taking money is Ransomware. Security industry which is part of information technology has developed many tools and software which prevent Ransomware attack. User may follow some of simple techniques and may prevent major Ransomware attack. Some of those techniques are:
- Via rename
- Via new file
- In place overwrite
- Master boot record overwriting
- In – place overwrite / or rename / or new file with injection into known processes
No one want that there may be Ransomware attack on their laptop or computer. So, users are always ready to follow prevention tips. Some prevention tips are given below which every laptop user must have to follow:
- Keep all software up to date, including operating systems and applications.
- Keep clear inventories of all of your digital assets and their locations, so cyber criminals do not attack a system you are unaware of.
- Develop a communication strategy to inform employees if a virus reaches the company network.
- Back up all information every day, including information on employee devices, so you can restore encrypted data if attacked.
- Segment your network: Don’t place all data on one file share accessed by everyone in the company.
- Train staff on cyber security practices, emphasizing not opening attachments or links from unknown sources.
- Back up all information to a secure, offsite location.
- Perform a threat analysis in communication with vendors to go over the cyber security throughout the lifecycle of a particular device or application.
- Before an attack happens, work with your board to determine if your company will plan to pay a ransom or launch an investigation.
- Instruct information security teams to perform penetration testing to find any vulnerability.
Still, any of users faces Ransomware attack in their laptop, my get protection software which is freely available on the internet. If your pocket allows you, then you can also buy license software. This software will secure your laptop from any kind of attack and you will be able to access your data easily.